A Mother Tongue Lesson
Run time: 9 mins
Film type: Fiction
Uga lives in the grasslands of Ordos in Inner Mongolia. One day he is riding his horse on his way to school as usual. Every day on his way to school he passes by Khan Dibu's house and looks for Khan Dibu to go to school with him. However, on this day, Khan Dibu has to leave to go to school in the city.
Melmii Borjigin graduated from the Beijing Film Academy with a BA and MA in Drama, Film and Literature.
Her short films “Fading” and “A Mother Tongue Lesson” have been shortlisted in the competition section of Oberhausen International Short Film Festival, won the Golden Word Award of Beijing Film Academy, the “Southern New Talent Award” of Southern Film Festival, the Short Film Award of Inner Mongolia Film Week, and the “Five One Project” Award of Inner Mongolia Hohhot. It has been screened in Germany, Denmark, Singapore and other countries.
Her independent screenplays, such as Juregdel, The Lonely White Camel Lamb, Nana and The Road to the Gangsta, have won the Outstanding Graduation Work of Beijing Film Academy, the Beijing Film Academy Centauri Award, the Golden Word Award of Beijing Film Academy, the Academy Award of CSFAA China Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Film Festival, the Youth Video Forum, and the “Support for Youth Outstanding Film Dramas” programme of the Film Bureau of the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television. The Youth Video Forum.
She has participated in many films and documentaries, including the best ethnic film Last Princess of Royal Blood: Tsetsenhangru at the University Film Festival, the international co-production Genhis: The Legend of the Ten, the historical and humanities documentary Through the Western Emperor’s Tomb, the folklore documentary Ulat Wedding, and the oriental fantasy epic film Fengshen Trilogy.
In order to obtain better educational resources, children from rural and pastoral areas leave their hometowns for the city, and the pain of a small parting is between them.
- Winner of the 12th Beijing Film Academy Golden Word Award for Best Short Film
- Shortlisted in the "Children and Youth Film" competition at the 62nd Oberhausen International Short Film Festival, Germany
- Winner of the Top Ten Short Films Award at the First Inner Mongolia Youth Film Week 2016
- Winner of the Southern New Talent Award in the Southern Award—Global Chinese Film Competition section of the 2016 Southern Film Festival in Taiwan
- Winner the 10th Five-One Project Award in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia